State of Connecticut

back to the U.S. map        back to Bridges4Kids        visit Early On        add a resource



General links


Contact your State Legislator or Members of Congress - click here.


Are You Eligible?

State Benefit Programs and Federal Benefit Programs

Yellow Ribbon Suicide Prevention Program - A comprehensive community-based Suicide Prevention Program. Call 1-800-615-1245 24 hours a day/7 days a week for Community Mental Health or 1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433).

Find your weather forecast by zip code - click here.


Parents as Teachers (PAT) is an international early childhood parent education and family support program serving families throughout pregnancy until their child enters kindergarten.


Parent Reviews Give an Inside View - How does your school do in meeting the needs of its students? Just click on Parent Reviews on any school profile to see personal, up-close comments about schools.

Children and Politics in Your State - click here.

Find your local Parent Information & Resource Center (PIRC) - click here.


Homework Help for Kids & Teens - click here.


Fight Crime: Invest in Kids - Law Enforcement support for programs preventing juvenile crime and violence.


For the substance abuse treatment facility nearest you, click here.

For the mental health treatment center nearest you, click here.


Find K-12 school information for your state - Visit Standard & Poors, Educational CyberPlayGround, SchoolMatch, or RateMyTeacher.


How to volunteer to help a child - click here.


Reading & Literacy Help for Children - click here.


Reading & Literacy Help for Adults - click here.


Find help in your state or region for children with chronic, life-threatening illnesses or disabilities - click here For resources in Spanish, click here


U.S. Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services (OSERS) 


U.S. Department of Education


National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research (NIDRR)


No Child Left Behind


U.S. Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP)


Rehabilitation Services Administration (RSA)


Visit School Websites - links to over 70,000 school websites from around the country. 


Covering Kids & Families works to reduce the number of uninsured children and adults who are eligible for public health care coverage programs but not enrolled. To find low-cost and free health care for children call 1-877-KIDS-NOW.


Choose a topic to begin:

or scroll down the page to view all information & resources.

  • State Government Website - click here.

  • Agencies & Organizations for Children with Disabilities - click here.

  • Contact List for Early Childhood Programs - click here.

  • Agencies, Organizations, and State Government Contacts for Children At-Risk - click here.

  • Education Resources & Information - click here.

  • Literacy Resources - click here.

  • Articles of Interest - click here.

  • Miscellaneous Information & Resources - click here.

  • Things To Do & Places To See - click here.

  • Support Group Information - click here.

School house and school bell

Education Resources & Information


Department of Education -


Download your state's educational profile - click here (click on State Profiles)

Special Education Mediation Services - click here.


Connecticut Parent Advocacy Center (CPAC)
338 Main Street
Niantic, CT 06357
(860) 739-3089; (800) 445-2722 (in CT)

PATH Parent to Parent CT (Parents Available to Help)
P.O. Box 117
Northford, CT 06472
(203) 234-9554; (800) 399-7284 (in CT)

WeCAHR (Western Connecticut Association for Human Rights)
211 Main Street
Danbury, CT 06810
(203) 792-3540

Connecticut Parent-Teachers Association
Wilbur Cross Commons Building, Suite 12
60 Connolly Parkway
Hamden, CT 06514-2519
(203) 281-6617


 back to the top of the page


People working together

Agencies, Organizations, and State Government Contacts for Children At-Risk


Agencies & Organizations for Children with Disabilities - click here.


The ARC of Connecticut, with funding from the CT Council on Developmental Disabilities, has TRAINED ADVOCATES prepared to help you get what you and your child need from your PPT meeting. The advocates are located statewide, and are advised by an EXPERIENCED LAWYER --able to assist parents and guardians with the most complicated questions at NO CHARGE! Please call ATTORNEY KIM PISINSKI AT NO CHARGE for more information at the ARC of Connecticut at 860-953-8335 extension 12.

The CT Parent Advocacy Center, Inc. (CPAC) is a statewide nonprofit organization that offers information and support to families of children with any disability or chronic illness, age birth through 21. The Center is committed to the idea that parents can be the most effective advocates for their children, given the confidence that knowledge and understanding of special education law and its procedures can bring.


Connecticut Voices for Children - CT Voices for Children seeks to promote the well-being of all of Connecticut's young people through high-quality research and public policy analysis, an active communications program, a commitment to promoting youth leadership and youth voice, and effective citizen mobilization and organizational collaboration.

Program Matches Youth With Disabilities to Adults With a Similar Disability to Build Mentor/Mentee Relationships (New England States, California, and New York).  Click here to learn more about this program.


stack of books

Literacy Resources

Find State & Local Literacy Hotlines -


 back to the top of the page



Articles of Interest


A Daycare for Special Needs Kids - Selecting the right daycare is a challenge for any parent, but more so for parents of special needs children. There are only a few childcare centers equipped and staffed to do the job.


CT Connecticut School Districts Receive Warning - At issue is the education of the mentally retarded. The impact of a landmark, class-action lawsuit involving the rights of mentally retarded schoolchildren will be felt in a number of schools this fall.


 back to the top of the page


puzzle pieces

Miscellaneous Information & Resources


National Centers for Independent Living - Map of U.S. leads to a listing of Centers for Independent Living by state.


A great new resource to look up data about young children in your town, prepared by CHDI as part of the work of our Early Childhood DataCONNections state team that released the new "Keeping Children on the Path to School Readiness" report last week. If you go to this website, you will find an early childhood data profile page for each town in Connecticut at You can access the full report, as well as the highlights version, at


Easter Seals Connecticut
85 Jones Street
P.O. Box 100
Hebron, CT 06248-0100
(860) 228-9438; (800) 874-7687

The Center for Children with Special Health Care Needs
Connecticut Children's Medical Center
282 Washington Street
Hartford, CT 06106
(860) 545-9230; (877) 743-5516 (in CT)

Arts for All Connecticut
26 Wintonbury Avenue
Bloomfield, CT 06002
(860) 243-9910


 back to the top of the page


child playing in water

Things To Do & Places To See


U.S. National Parks -


 back to the top of the page


This page last updated on 02/06/2018


2002-2018 Bridges4Kids