Program Connects Classroom and Home Instruction Through
Immersive Learning for 3rd - 6th Graders
For more articles like this
What is Experiencia?
Experiencia is pioneering a proprietary learning system,
Immersive Learning™, that enhances and connects classroom and
home instruction with vivid learning experiences at interactive
simulation sites. Experiencia programs transform teaching and
learning by brining theory and best practices to life. Through
our Immersive Learning model, children do the following:
1) Engage in memorable and intriguing problem-solving projects
2) Construct knowledge from hands-on applications
3) Participate as members of a team guided by a trained
What makes the Immersive Learning System unique-not the
ordinary field trip?
Parents, students and teachers complete 40 hours of classroom
curriculum and home activities meeting rigorous academic
standards before and after they visit the state-of-the-art
learning center. At the museum-quality simulation sites,
Immersive Learning stimulates knowledge acquisition, skill
building and teamwork as participants solve puzzling, complex
and real-life problems.
How was Experiencia founded?
Experiencia is founded on more than 20 years of research,
development and application of experience-based methodologies
and tools. The founders Connie Campbell and Elaine Mondschein,
led the development of the Immersive Learning strategy in their
roles at The Learning Exchange®, a non-profit educational
consulting and intellectual property development organization in
Kansas City, Missouri.
What are Experiencia's projections for growth?
1) Over the next five years, Experiencia plans to build sites in
more than 40 additional cities.
2) Over 30,000 students participate annually at each EarthWorks®
and Exchange City® site
3) By June 2008, Experiencia projects 1.6 million students will
be participating in programs year-round across the country.
What are Experiencia's products?
1) EarthWorks -- 3rd and 4th grade environmental and life
2) Exchange City -- 5th and 6th grade economics and social
back to the top ~
back to Breaking News
~ back to